Are you aspiring to pursue your education in Germany but are concerned about funding it? Here’s all you need to know about the scholarships in Germany for Indian students.Even though the university education in Germany is nominally-charged, a scholarship can help cover your living and other miscellaneous expenses.
Let’s deep dive into the article to know about the most popular scholarships in Germany for Indian study abroad aspirants.
How to Get a Scholarship to Study in Germany for Indian Students?
There is minimal to zero tuition fee at most public-funded universities in Germany, except for some courses. Scholarships in Germany for Indian students are beneficial to fund their tuition fees and living expenses. Proper planning and finding the right scholarship for which a candidate is eligible is crucial. Few points that you need to consider while applying for a scholarship are mentioned below:
- Your scholarship application has to be directly submitted to the organization providing the scholarship/funding. Some exceptions do include the Deutschlandstipendium or Erasmus funding program. You should thus prepare to tackle the application requirements for various German universities, courses, and scholarships.
- Direct applications before the deadlines are always recommended for aspirants.
- You have to fill up scholarship application forms while providing your application statement mentioning why you should get the scholarship and how you can contribute to the institution or local community.
- You should choose foundations with online application facilities while checking out DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) and similar programs.
- Along with checking out the eligibility criteria for various scholarships, make sure that you explore the possibilities of study grants.
- Numerous German states like Bavaria offer public scholarships. EU funding is also available via Erasmus and other schemes, as mentioned.
Types of Scholarships in Germany:
Several scholarships for Indian students in Germany are available, which aid them financially to a great extent. Majorly these scholarships fall into two categories depending on their funding bodies in Germany that include:
- Government-Funded Scholarships: These government-funded scholarships by Germany Government are relatively easy to avail. They are granted to the candidates after evaluating their financial condition.
- Non-Government Funded Scholarships: These scholarships are funded by entities other than the government. They have different eligibility criteria altogether.
CLICK HERE TO COMMENT