Studying in Australia is becoming highly popular among international students seeking to further their education. Australia is one of the top three destinations for studying abroad and attracts over 600,000 students every year, after the USA and the UK. The number of Indian students in Australia opting for higher education exceeded 89,000 in the year 2023. Approximately 85,000 Indian students , both new and continuing, applied for an Australian student visa.
With over 11,000 institutions and a range of 22,000 courses, Australia dedicates 254 million AUD to scholarships annually. Among the top 100 universities globally, seven of them are Australian, while 36 higher education institutions are included in the QS top universities list. The United Nations recognized Australia as the second-best country for education and per-capita income.
The states in Australia with maximum number of universities include New South Wales (11 universities), Victoria (10 universities), and Queensland (10 universities). Each of these states offers a higher number of TAFE (Technical & Further Education) institutions for students along with the universities in Australia. The image below is an overall distribution of international students pursuing education in different Australian states.
Major Highlights to Study in Australia
|Total Institutions||11,000 institutions (43 universities)|
|Visa Acceptance Rate for Higher Education||23%|
|Visa Acceptance Rate for ELICOS||48.10%|
|Average Cost of Study in Australia||50,000 AUD (26.94 lakhs INR)|
|Common Admission Portal for Universities in NSW and ACT||UAC (Universities Admission Centre)|
What to Study in Australia?
Australian education system offers you to pursue a variety of courses in Australia such as Higher Education, VET, Schools, English Language programs, and non-awarding courses. Check out how are these different from each other:
- Higher Education– Mainstream UG and PG degree/certificate programs are classified under this category.
- VET- These are partnership programs between government and industries offered at TAFE and private institutions and help students to work and learn with industry experts.
- English Language Programs: Preparatory language programs available to students looking for to beginning their studies in Australia.
- Foundation/Pathway Programs: Foundation programs are pre-university courses preparing you for university education. Ensuring that you are up to the mark for studying in Australian higher education institutions.
- Schools: Lower Level of study programs are offered at Australian schools.
Some of the popular streams amongst international student who chose to study in Australia are:
- Business, Management, and Commerce
- Information Technology
- Society and Culture
- Natural and Physical Sciences.
CLICK HERE TO COMMENT