Apart from the scholarships provided by the Government and the universities, there are a number of non-government organizations who grant scholarships to meritorious students from across the world. These are mostly merit based scholarships and are offered to the students with good academic scores and good results in exams to study in the New Zealand. Here are some of the best non-government scholarships:
Scholarships in New Zealand: NZ-GRADS New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship
The program is completely funded by the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Emissions. PhD students from developing countries including India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and many more are allowed to avail this scholarship. The program allows the applicant to get a student visa for New Zealanda for themselves and bring their spouse to New Zealand to apply for the New Zealand open work visa until the duration of the studies of the applicant.
- Eligibility: Any student from a developing country aspiring to complete their PhD in a topic around greenhouse gas emissions can apply for the scholarship
- Application Deadline: August 01
- Number of Scholarships: 6
- Duration: 3 years
- Award Amount: Annual tuition fees and associated costs of 10,000 NZD (4.98 lakhs INR), tax free annual living stipend of NZD 28,000 (13.97 lakhs INR), health insurance covers of up to 700 NZD (equivalent to INR 34,916), Visa applications cost of up to 1,000 NZD (equivalent to 49,880 INR), return flight cost to New Zealand of 6,000 NZD (2.99 lakhs INR) and allowance for book and thesis preparation of up to 1,500 NZD (74,820 INR)
Scholarships in New Zealand: SEG Scholarships
The Society of Exploration Geophysicist sponsors this scholarship program throughout the world. The scholarship encourages the study of geophysics and geosciences in universities around the world including New Zealand.
- Eligibility: The student must be a high school senior aspiring to attend college or is already studying an undergraduate or graduate college course, the candidate must have a good academic record which is above average, the student is planning to pursue a curriculum leading towards a career in geophysics
- Application Deadline: November 01 to March 01
- Number of Scholarships: Variable, depending upon the sponsors
- Duration: Entire course span
- Award Amount: Ranges from 3,000 NZD to 7,000 NZD 1.49 lakhs to 3.49 lakhs INR) per year
Note: The above mentioned scholarship programs are only a few among lots of scholarships available for international students in the country.
Scholarships in New Zealand: Application Requirements
Generally the international applicants in most of the scholarship programs at New Zealand opts the online application process. The students need to apply to study in New Zealand before applying for the scholarship programs. The necessities for the online application process are given below:
- The applicant must provide scanned copies of the transcripts or mark sheets of previous academic courses
- Scanned copy of letter(s) of recommendation are required from authorized personnel
- A copy of self written essay is required
- Copy of passport/ student visa
- Copy of English proficiency test results
- Scanned copy of the CV of the applicant is required
- Photos of the applicant
Besides, some scholarship organizations require some additional documents for the application process like sports certificates and other certificates in extra curricular activities.
Selection Process for Scholarships in New Zealand
The selection process for each of the scholarship programs for studying while living in New Zealand are different. However, the basic steps of selection in New Zealand scholarship programs are given below:
- Screening: The documents provided are verified and judged
- Feedback 1: The status of the application is updated to the student
- Psychological Tests: The students have to go through abstract reasoning and personality tests
- Interview: The students are asked to attend one or more interviews (mostly online) and their potential and leadership quality is judged based on the interview
CLICK HERE TO COMMENT