You’re eligible if you:
- are an international student
- hold a student visa for the scholarship’s duration
- are a commencing student
- are UQ alumni commencing a different program (for example, Master’s after completing a Bachelor’s degree)
- have a full offer to study an eligible program delivered entirely at the UQ Gatton campus in 2023 (you don’t need to accept your full offer by the scholarship application deadline).
- will study full-time via Internal study mode at UQ’s Gatton campus for the scholarship’s duration
- reside in a regional area of Australia for the scholarship’s duration as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure 2016 (Australian Bureau of Statistics)
And you’re starting any of the below programs in 2023:
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science
- Bachelor of Equine Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science
- Master of Agribusiness
- Master of Agricultural Science (Agronomy or Horticulture fields of study)
- Master of Animal Science
Dual degrees with the Bachelor of Agribusiness and Master of Agricultural Science (Plant Protection field of study) are not eligiblebecause they are not delivered full-time at UQ Gatton.
Students from low-socioeconomic status (low-SES), and who are first in family to tertiary study, and those living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applications for Semester 2, 2023 have closed.
Complete the online application form.
You will need to submit:
- a personal statement (limit 300 words).
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
- eligibility under the program guidelines
- academic merit
- your personal statement
UQ values diversity and inclusion and may consider this when we review your application.
What happens next
We’ll send you an email to confirm we’ve received your application.
About this scholarship
The Destination Australia scholarship is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education. It aligns with the National Strategy for International Education 2025.
The scholarship’s objective is to:
- attract and support study in regional Australia
- grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers
- offer students a high-quality learning experience.
Download and read the scholarship terms and conditions before you apply.
CLICK HERE TO COMMENT